Thursday 24 July 2014

A Letter: Light of Hope

No comments


"Apart from a few wisps on the hazy horizon,

the sky is almost limpid

Again it would be another boring hot rainless day

and speaking of rain;

It would be satisfactory if I wrote her a letter

Perhaps a poem about the reason of the change in my sleep pattern

And I remember it all started with the flirtations;

It's happened to each and everyone of us:

There's sunlight and there's the shade;

Spots and there are patterns of color;

And soon all is gone...

but ours was a bit different, more unique

It was rather a blend of disappointment and utter enthusiasm

Falling in love with you brought me hope;

A kind of hope that sparks in a dying savage's soul;

Before he learns the truth about the light at the end the tunnel:

The fact that its a train and not the end of his mystery

Only a fool would have had to use a billboard,

Love, her love for me was all written on her lips: I could read them

And I could hear her love message whisper into my ears:

Right from her short cool texts,

Hey love,

Even though distance tries proving it's barrier qualities,

Just want you to know how much I miss you...

If it rains, do me a one favor love, try catching raindrops with your palm,

All those raindrops you miss;

Is how much I miss u..."

A cloud appears from the sky above.

Cloud of Hope.

No comments :