Thursday 24 July 2014

A Detail of the Past: The Black Rose

No comments


"am a fool to have dated you good for nothing bustard"

I miss her...

not in part but the whole.

staring keenly into the starlight, holding a moist black rose

the noises, and the yells slide into my mind

disguised in the garb of a mild mannered doubt,

akin to a spy

flashes of thoughts about my long gone babe

and the truth, the trust, the love, the honor and the freedom

I had deciphered to her

come crushing through the magical beauty of the sky

like asteroids

.....but then a times I could almost feel like the sounds were slithering away

the hurt would linger still

akin to a smell of roses long after it withered on my knees

and to think love has no decency or law

no convention yet no mercy

would be nothing else but convincing.

all I know is that love goes for man's weakest spot...

then my lips would move in rhythm with a memory of her last words

"am a fool to have dated you good for nothing bustard"

a crescendo that climaxed

the wet black rose falls of my hand.

No comments :