Sunday 24 August 2014

What do you think about online Dating?

No comments
I tried online dating a few times before and I had good experiences with it as well as bad. Overall, I would definitely try it again. I don't see a difference between finding someone offline and meeting someone online. Both can be just as anonymous as the next. When I approach people online, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and try to learn more about that particular person and take it from there. There is so many online dating sites and I been on quite a few of them and deleted my account with quite a few of them. It's good and bad people on every site you just have to weed them out just like you would do with people offline.

Here's what some friend of mine told me, when I asked the same question...

"I have nothing against online dating, it just amazes me that people pay for memberships. There are so many websites where you can chat for free (like Facebook), that it seems silly to me pay for a membership to meet people online. Facebook offers everything an online dating website does, photos, hobbies, an "about me" section, and a messenger service. And, Facebook is a bonus because you can tell if the person is being honest or not because their friends and family are on their page as well. If someone tells you they are a doctor and then someone writes "Have a good day working at McDonalds" on their wall, you know they are feeding you a line."

 But according to me there are two sides to the coin when it comes to online dating. I know several people who are happily married with people they met online, and I know several that have had one issue after another. You never really know what kind of person you're going to meet, but I suppose that is true of offline dating as well. People tend to be more serious on paid sites though.
I used to do the online dating all the time. Over the course of several years, I met dozens of women online. Many of them were good people, but many more were either not serious, or completely psycho.

Feel free to drop your comments about what you think of online dating at the comment box below. Criticisms are also appreciated.

No comments :